We are currently recruiting for an Audience Acquisition Manager to join the Climate Action team.
Climate Action have been working at the intersection of climate change policy and sustainability for over 15 years. Our mission is to accelerate the transition to a global green economy in order to achieve the objectives of the Paris Agreement and align with the Sustainable Development Goals.
Our portfolio of events include; our flagship event, the Sustainable Innovation Forum is the largest official side event alongside the annual UN Climate Change Conference, where global climate change policy is set and regulated, following the landmark Paris Agreement in 2015; The Sustainable Investment Forum in both Europe and North America and The Climate Innovation Forum – a flagship event of London Climate Action Week and the Climate Action Innovation Zone – a purpose built venue that facilitates public and private sector collaboration.
We are looking for a dynamic new team member to develop and implement the delegate acquisition strategy across our portfolio of events. A key part of this role involves identifying opportunities to grow key audience groups from the public and private sector and continue to engage with our network of 120K+ sustainability professionals.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication and relationship building skills and have practical experience of audience acquisition as well as digital and social media marketing. A passion for data, research and strong administration skills are required. An interest in climate change policy, sustainable finance and investment or environmental governance would also be a major advantage.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience working on a number of high-profile events attended by senior representatives of regional governments, UN agencies, international and regional NGOs, investors and donors, research institutes and solution providers.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and implement audience acquisition and retention strategy including data builds, paid social, SEO and PPC
- Manage and optimise budgets accordingly to deliver ROI
- Recruit and manage a team of audience executives
- Identify key stakeholder communities
- Grow conversion rate for attendance across our portfolio of events
- Develop and implement direct marketing campaigns working with the Marketing Department
- Oversee delegate management from interest to attendance
- Manage onboarding for high level stakeholders onto relevant event apps to maximise networking opportunities
- Manage onsite registration
- Attend and represent Climate Action at relevant industry events
- Monitor and respond to delegate communications and queries
- Work with the production team to understand key objectives and USPs and communicate these to stakeholders
- Report weekly on performance of audience acquisition and retention campaigns
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of acquired and retained audiences
- Onsite assistance with Managed Introductions service
The successful applicant will have/will be:
- Educated to degree level or studying towards it
- Data/Audience Acquisition experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Interest in climate change policy
- Experience in digital marketing and social media
- Highly motivated with excellent written and verbal skills
- Good communication & organisation skills
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office and LinkedIn
- Proficient CRM skills
- Knowledge of Eventbrite and other event registration platforms (desirable but not essential)
- Able to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Confident communications and influencing skills especially on the telephone
- Self-starter that can work independently and as part of a team
What we offer:
- Competitive annual salary (depending on experience)
- Real opportunities for career development within the business
- The opportunity to be part of the growth and success of a mission led business, addressing the number one global challenge of our time
- Regular team and company socials and company trips abroad
- Inspiring and motivational environment with a great team spirit
- The opportunity to work in a company that is a genuine leader within the sector and highly recognised for empowering employees
- Support, training, coaching to allow you to develop your skills and build a successful career
- Fantastic career opportunities within the wider business for stellar performers as we continue to grow
- Fresh, vibrant serviced offices based in Victoria with many member benefits including in-house coffee barista, table tennis, wellness rooms and online/in-store discounts
If you love working with smart, friendly and passionate people, look no further. Climate Action fosters a culture of learning and innovation where people are the makers of their own future. Apply now for more information. To apply please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Due to the high level of applications we receive we are unable to respond to each application. If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks, then you have been unsuccessful in getting to the next stage.
Climate Action adopt an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued and have the opportunity to reach their full potential. We wish all our employees to feel valued and appreciated for who they are, where they come from and what they have achieved. Part of this commitment is being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, and age.