About the Role:
This Programme Manager role presents a rare and important opportunity to make an impact on the world’s transition to nature positive net zero economy; by leading the programming of Climate Action’s flagship event series: the Sustainable Finance Forum hosted in official partnership with UNEP-FI and including the launch COP28 Forum edition.
The successful candidate will be expected to feel comfortable working at the highest level of UN, business, and government, and have a deep knowledge of sustainable finance, climate change policy and the UNFCCC COP process.
The role will suit an ambitious, highly passionate conference producer with a minimum of 4 years production experience with a background in sustainable finance and investment, who is looking for a challenging but rewarding opportunity to play an instrumental role in shaping and building a sponsorship driven portfolio of events, that delivers positive environmental and social impact, while also working directly with multiple key stakeholders such as UNEP-FI. The role will constantly evolve and develop as the business grows. The Conference Producer/Manager: Sustainable Finance Lead will report directly to the Chief Events Officer.
About Climate Action:
Climate Action is a mission led company that has been working at the intersection of climate change policy, innovation, and sustainable finance for the last 15 years. Our mission is to accelerate the transition to a global green economy to speed the achievement of the UN Global Goals and the Paris Climate Agreement.
Climate Action’s digital and physical events create tangible partnerships between business, government, policy makers and investors to accelerate the global transition to net zero. www.climateaction.org
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Conference Production & Management:
· Define and set the content narrative and framing of each event
· Conduct in-depth research on market trends, challenges and solutions
· Draft the programme and validate it with the market
· Develop, implement, monitor, and ensure content strategy is delivered, key milestones are met, and event targets are on track through the event life cycle.
· Use knowledge and experience of the sector to identify high-level, global climate leaders and influential speakers and take a lead role in securing those voices
· Invite and secure all required speakers to deliver programme
· Produce and curate digital, hybrid & physical events, webinars, podcasts and roundtables amongst any other content formats
· Create and deliver event content briefings for event management, marketing, audience. operations and commercial teams
· Lead on delivering event briefs for the marketing, sales, and operations teams
· Brief all speakers, moderators, hosts, and attend event sessions when and where required
· Attend events and manage the conference as and when required
· Oversee post-event analysis and writing a comprehensive insights report
· Write copy for sponsorship brochures, websites, articles, video scripts, marketing emails and social media
· Draft written interviews, live podcast scripts, and digital production briefs for moderators and chairs
· Assist with creating web content and event marketing materials
Commercial Research and Validation:
· Research and develop commercial strategy through validation calls, competitor analysis and research event landscape
· Ensure all programmes are commercially viable while also creating impact
· Establish content / speaking inventory to meet revenue targets
· Oversee community (target audience) strategy and identify growth opportunities
· Secure high-level partnerships with UN agencies, governments and multilateral organisations to endorse programmes, deliver communities and speakers
· Establish relationships with key individuals to create advocacy for our events.
· Develop working groups to inform content streams and community channel curation
· Drive channel, stakeholder, and community engagement.
· Recruit and invite stakeholders from other Climate Action channels events and from events and channels outside of Climate Action’s own to attend your events
· Create compelling narratives about our events and content to attract exciting partnership opportunities with key organizations outside the Climate Action’s network
· Work with the community and content coordinators to maximise engagement
The Candidate Will Ideally Have :
· A minimum of 4 years’ experience in creating and delivering international B2B conferences funded by sponsorship and delegate or membership revenue streams; ideally in sustainable/climate finance, asset management, ESG, and investment
· Alignment with Climate Action’s mission and our business objectives
· Desirable to have sustainability/climate/finance related qualification/s
· Extensive knowledge on the subject of climate finance, ESG, global economics, climate policy and sustainable investment
· Experience in a single market sector including evidence of strong relationships with key players across the industry such as sustainable investment and finance
· Knowledge and experience of climate issues, with reference to sustainability issues, subnational climate commitments and the UNFCCC COP process
· An impactful leader in your own right with the ability to drive through ideas, build community alliances and negotiate complex networks
· Proven success in launching, producing, and delivering events in both live and online formats
· Proactive and able to work independently to deliver tasks and achieve project objectives
· Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills, with attention to detail, timelines, and budgets
· Team player, comfortable in providing support where needed alongside strategic activities
Remuneration & Benefits:
– 29 days annual leave – including 8 bank holidays and your birthday day off
– Generous and achievable bonus scheme
– Ethical pension plan with the Peoples Pension.
– Cycle to work scheme
– Wellbeing benefits such as weekly yoga sessions and meditation
– Monthly climate change training academy – learning from leading guest speakers
– Opportunity to work with globally recognised sustainability and climate leaders
– Join a rapidly growing, mission-led company, making a positive impact on our planet
– Flexible working arrangement between our WeWork offices in Victoria and remote
– Barista, community bar, table tennis, showers, and ability to bring your pet to work