We are currently recruiting for a Delegate Sales Executive to join the Climate Action sales team. The role will see you working across a global portfolio of highly regarded international events in sustainable innovation and investment.
Climate Action have worked and continue to work in formal partnerships with multiple UN Agencies including UN Environment, The World Bank Group and UNEP Finance Initiative to create and deliver high impact, forums, digital events and the Climate Action website.
Climate Action have been working at the intersection of climate change policy and sustainability for over 15 years. Our mission is to accelerate the transition to a global green economy in order to achieve the objectives of the Paris Agreement and align with the Sustainable Development Goals.
Our flagship event, the Sustainable Innovation Forum is the largest official side event alongside the annual UN Climate Change Conference, where global climate change policy is set and regulated, following the landmark Paris Agreement in 2015.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Selling delegate places on a portfolio of events
- Achieving and exceeding monthly sales targets
- Achieving and exceeding daily KPI’s
- Generating new business as well as maintaining existing accounts
- Managing a sales pipeline document for reporting purposes
- Forecasting business accurately on a weekly and monthly basis
- Gathering product and company feedback from clients and prospects
- Assisting with delegate enquiries and up sell of other conferences where appropriate
- Assisting with invoicing
The successful applicant will have:
- Minimum of 1 years’ sales experience, preferably in delegate sales or similar professional services
- Ability to demonstrate a strong track record of achieving results
- Good telephone manner
- Ability to run the entire sales process from initial lead generation to closing business
- Ability to listen and understand the customer’s objectives
- Excellent relationship builder and negotiator
- Articulate, intelligent and well presented with strong telephone and face to face communications skills
- Ability to build and manage sales pipeline
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Hard working with a high pace of work
- Ambitious and financially driven
- Experience with CRM
- Knowledge of SPIN or other relevant sales theory
- Language skills
What we offer:
- Competitive annual salary (depending on experience)
- Uncapped commission and achievable event bonuses
- Real opportunities for career development within the business
- The opportunity to be part of the growth and success of a mission led business, addressing the number one global challenge of our time
- Regular team and company socials and company trips abroad
- Inspiring and motivational environment with a great team spirit
- The opportunity to work in a company that is a genuine leader within the sector and highly recognised for empowering employees
- We will provide support, training, coaching to allow you to develop your skills and build a successful career
- There are fantastic career opportunities within the wider business for stellar performers as we continue to grow
- Fresh, vibrant serviced offices based in Victoria with many member benefits including in-house coffee barista, table tennis, wellness rooms and online/in-store discounts
If you love working with smart, friendly and passionate people, look no further. Climate Action fosters a culture of learning and innovation where people are the makers of their own future. Apply now for more information.
To apply please send your CV firstname.lastname@example.org
Climate Action adopt an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued and have the opportunity to reach their full potential. We wish all our employees to feel valued and appreciated for who they are, where they come from and what they have achieved. Part of this commitment is being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, and age.
Due to the high level of applications we receive we are unable to respond to each application. If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks, then you have been unsuccessful in getting to the next stage.