We are currently recruiting for a dynamic Event Operations Executive to support the Event Operations Director & Operations Manager in the Climate Action team in the UK.
Climate Action have been working at the intersection of climate change policy and sustainability for the last 16 years. Our mission is to accelerate the transition to a global green economy in order to achieve the objectives of the Paris Agreement and align with the Sustainable Development Goals.
Our flagship event, the Sustainable Innovation Forum is the largest official side event alongside the annual UN Climate Change Conference, where global climate change policy is set and regulated, following the landmark Paris Agreement in 2015. The wider Climate Action portfolio includes The Sustainable Investment Forum in both Europe and North America, The Climate Innovation Forum – a flagship event of London Climate Action Week.
We have an exceptional opportunity for a dynamic, passionate and experienced team player to support us in delivering the portfolio of events, including the Climate Action Innovation Zone, Dubai, UAE, this December.
The Operations Executive will be working closely with many of the most respected organisations in the climate change and sustainability space, including UN Agencies, Ministers and leading organisations such as S&P, Standard Chartered, Bain & Company, SSE and many more. Therefore, we are seeking an individual who strives to deliver an experience not just an event. The right candidate needs to be very well organised, have exceptional attention to detail, outstanding interpersonal skills and be passionate about organising events.
As Event Operations Executive, you will work on the portfolio of events (both existing and launch), supporting the operational delivery of the conferences and exhibitions from conception to completion. The Event Operations Executive will be expected to take care of a number of event management tasks including but not limited to; all event logistics, onsite event management, optimal customer experience planning, sponsor and exhibitor management, budget management, cutting-costs without impacting quality where relevant, venues/service providers’ selection and management. We are looking for an Event Operations Executive that doesn’t settle for second best and thrives for perfection at all times.
The Event Operations Executive role will constantly evolve and develop as the business grows and will report directly to the Operations Director & UK Operations Manager.
The successful applicant will have:
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment, utilising strong time management and multi-tasking skills.
- A minimum of one year conference and exhibition experience on an international level.
- Experience in supporting operations of the events attended by a minimum of 1,000+ visitors daily.
- Strong organisational skills, methodical approach and ability to manage time effectively and work to tight deadlines.
- A passion for events, drive and initiative as well as a proactive approach to work.
- A flexible approach to running events.
- The ability to meet the clients demands sometimes within a limited timeframe.
- Capability to work autonomously with minimal supervision at times.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including telephone etiquette and written communication skills.
- A positive work ethic, can-do attitude, initiative and willingness to learn and support team members.
- The ability to travel without restriction.
- Health and safety awareness and knowledge of a range of practices, policies, and regulations to minimize hazards, prevent accidents and injuries, and promote sustainable practices.
- Willingness to take up and deal with unforeseen obstacles and challenges we may experience on-site.
- Ability and willingness to work additional hours, if required, to deliver an event.
- Strong drive, ambition, and a willingness to learn, develop and succeed as a team and business.
- Positive attitude with a good team spirit and good sense of humour
- An interest in the climate change and sustainability space with a desire to organise successful global events with a sustainable approach to reduce carbon footprint.
- Primary, operational point of contact for partners, sponsors, exhibitors, meeting spaces bookers and space only stand contractors, ensuring provision of excellent customer care across multiple events.
- Responds to general exhibitor queries regarding suppliers’ details, stand design, HSE regulations, stand orders (carpet, furniture, electrics, AV, graphics, floral, catering, cleaning, security, temporary staff, photography & videography), badges, access, parking, transport, accommodation, schedule, etc.
- Sets-up the online exhibitor manual and uploads orders form onto ASP website.
- Sends regular exhibitor update email reminders.
- Chases space only exhibitors for stand designs, risk assessments & method statements, service orders.
- Keeps exhibitor & meeting room master list updated with all requirements, orders and amounts due.
- Contacts all exhibitors & meeting room bookers pre-event to ensure they have submitted all info and answers all logistical queries.
- Ensures all additional requirements are communicated to Ops Directors and listed in the event master spreadsheet.
- Liaises with side event organisers to ensure full event details are gathered – preferred layout, AV, graphics and F&B and communicates this to Operations Director and Operations Manager.
- Manages master event schedule.
- Manages transport schedules such as private car & shuttles schedule.
- Manages CA Team’s Accommodation & Travel.
- Contractor Access Management (work permits and contractor badges)
- Produces onsite information including staff briefings, floorplans printouts, welcome packs, health & safety info, teardown procedures.
- Ensures exhibitor & side event orders are delivered by the relevant contractors onsite.
What we offer:
- Competitive annual salary (depending on experience)
- Achievable event bonuses
- Real opportunities for career development within the business
- The opportunity to be part of the growth and success of a mission led business, addressing the number one global challenge of our time
- Regular team and company socials and company trips abroad
- Inspiring and motivational environment with a great team spirit
- The opportunity to work in a company that is a genuine leader within the sector and highly recognised for empowering employees
- Receive support, training, coaching to allow you to develop your skills and build a successful career
- Fresh, vibrant serviced offices based in Victoria with many member benefits including in-house coffee barista, table tennis, wellness rooms and online/in-store discounts
If you love working with smart, friendly and passionate people, look no further. Climate Action fosters a culture of learning and innovation where people are the makers of their own future. Apply now for more information.
For information about the Climate Action Innovation Zone, click here
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org