This is a newly created and varied role, covering all aspects of the human resources and recruitment functions within the business.
This role offers the right candidate the opportunity to come in at ground level to build the people related policies, processes and procedures in line with your experience, best practice and company goals. The role provides the opportunity to provide a strong influence the culture of the business, which will positively impact the growth of the business. If you are looking for an HR role in which you can make a significant difference both internally and externally within a mission led business, then we’d love to hear from you
This is a stand-alone role for a ‘hands on’ HR Manager, with generalist HR experience and direct recruiting experience, ideally in the UK, conference and exhibition industry. You will have a keen interest in talent acquisition, identifying and recruiting new talent. You will also have excellent interpersonal skills and be adept at forging strong relationships and trust with your colleagues and management.
Initially, the majority of your time will be spent recruiting new members to the company. You will also manage the day to day HR requirements of the business as well as liaise with an external resource to ensure the accurate processing of payroll on a monthly basis. As the role develops, you will take on additional duties including managing payroll, pension schemes and becoming the liaison between the business and it’s outsourced partners on all People related matters.
Main Duties and Responsibilities including but are not limited to:
- Management of the full recruitment process to ensure we attract, select and retain top talent for our business and support business goals. This will include
- Preparing job descriptions
- Posting job ads on job boards or liaising with recruitment agencies
- Assisting the CEO and COO with the shortlisting of candidates for interview
- Identifying and approaching suitable candidates
- Arranging interviews and obtaining/providing feedback
- Making employment offers to successful candidates
- Day-to-day HR support to the business on performance management, employee relations, talent acquisition, salary/bonus planning, on-boarding and off-boarding and employee engagement.
- Manage the HR Database and employee folders.
- Completion of all HR administration,
- Consulting with external advisors where necessary to ensure that policies comply with all relevant law and regulations.
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity.
- Plan and conduct performance and compensation reviews.
- Employee development and retention: develop and execute all learning and development initiatives and help drive a high-performance, high-growth mindset that focuses on career development and growth.
- Work with management to define and enhance the company culture through agreed policies and proactive initiatives
The successful applicant will have
- CIPD Level 5 or equivalent experience
- Experience in the full recruitment process
- Solid understanding of HR policies and procedures
- Able to use own initiative and be solutions driven
- Natural relationship builder with a high-level of discretion and confidentially.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure to meet deadlines
- Strong and enthusiastic work ethic
- Confident communication skills
- A positive, solution-driven, proactive, can-do attitude
- Excellent attention to detail in both written and verbal communication
- An interest in Climate Change, sustainability or in working in a for purpose, mission led company.
- Experience in securing B Corp certification (advantageous).
What we offer:
- Competitive annual salary (depending on experience)
- Performance bonus
- Real opportunities for career development within the business
- The opportunity to be part of the growth and success of a mission led business, addressing the number one global challenge of our time – climate change!
- Regular team and company socials and the possibility of company trips abroad
- Fresh, vibrant serviced offices based in Victoria with many member benefits including in-house coffee barista, table tennis, wellness rooms and online/in-store discounts
- Training and development in the field of HR from an experienced outsourced HR Executive
- Hybrid work model
If you love working with smart, friendly and passionate people, look no further. Climate Action fosters a culture of learning and innovation where people are the makers of their own future. Apply now for more information.
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the high level of applications we receive we are unable to respond to each application. If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks, then you have been unsuccessful in getting to the next stage.