About the role:
We are currently recruiting for a Conference / Content Producer to support the Climate Action Innovation Zone at COP27 in Egypt in November 2022.
Climate Actions flagship events include the Climate Action Innovation Zone and the Sustainable Innovation Forum (SIF), which has grown over the last 13 years to become the largest side event at the annual UN COP meetings and attracts many of the most respected names in climate change and sustainability space, UN Leaders, Environment Ministers and CEO’s of many of the world’s most sustainable brands.
We’re looking for an ambitious, strategic and business minded conference professional, who has a strong interest and experience on the subject of sustainable innovation, climate change and policy driving a net zero economy within the events industry, to help us develop and deliver the strategy at COP27.
The role Involves building key relationships with multi-stakeholders, market research, commercial validation, supporting the sales campaign and preparing departmental briefs.
You will be a key project manager for the content aspects of the event from research and agenda development, stakeholder liaison and management, speaker acquisition through to on-site management of speakers.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious producer with an interest /background in sustainability and climate change.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducting in-depth research on market trends, challenges and solutions via research calls and face-to-face meetings with existing and new contacts
- Identifying, inviting and confirming high level speakers
- On-site responsibility for the running of the conference programme, speaker management etc
- Write event marketing content for newsletters and websites
- Work closely with the event logistics and partnership teams to deliver top quality event programme
- Researching and developing the delegate strategy; analysing the audience categories and pricing strategy for each category
- Writing and delivering event briefs for the marketing, sales and operations teams
- Write marketing copy where required for email, social, print, and video channels
- Generating the briefs for webinars, sourcing and confirming expert speakers, moderating the webinars and writing the webinar reports
- Competitor analysis and overview; content, format, pricing
- Establishing relationships with key individuals to create advocacy for our events
- Managing VIP invitations and networking with the VIP liaison
- Finding and vetting contributors for website blogs and newsletters
- Assisting with creating of web content and event marketing materials
- Oversee post event analysis and writing a comprehensive post event reports
- Other duties as necessary to contribute to the overall success of the conference
About the Candidate:
The candidate should be able to highlight the following skills, interests and experience:
- Experience in creating and delivering international B2B conferences, ideally in sustainability and climate change
- An understanding of sponsorship formats and deliverables across events
- Confident communications and influencing skills especially on the telephone
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight timescale
- Positive work ethic, can-do attitude, and plenty of initiative and willingness to learn
- Excellent telephone etiquette and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work well in a team but also initiative to work on your own
- International travels and confidence in face-to-face networking
- Excellent networking, relationship management and interpersonal skills – ability to forge long term relationships with industry leaders and senior level contacts
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Excellent project management skills
- As this is a global role, international travel will be required
About Climate Action:
Climate Action is a mission led business that has been working at the intersection of climate change policy, innovation, and sustainable finance for the last 15 years. Our mission is to accelerate the transition to a global green economy in order to help achieve the Sustainable Development Goals and the Paris Climate Agreement. Climate Action’s events build tangible partnerships between business, government, policy makers and investors to accelerate the global transition to net zero.
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org