We are currently recruiting for a dynamic Event Operations Manager to lead the event operations department in the Climate Action team in the UK.
Climate Action have been working at the intersection of climate change policy and sustainability for the last 16 years. Our mission is to accelerate the transition to a global green economy in order to achieve the objectives of the Paris Agreement and align with the Sustainable Development Goals.
Our flagship event, the Sustainable Innovation Forum is the largest official side event alongside the annual UN Climate Change Conference, where global climate change policy is set and regulated, following the landmark Paris Agreement in 2015. The wider Climate Action portfolio includes The Sustainable Investment Forum in both Europe and North America, The Climate Innovation Forum – a flagship event of London Climate Action Week.
We have an exceptional opportunity for a dynamic, passionate, experienced and highly motivated team player to support us in delivering the portfolio of events.
The Operations Manager will be working closely with many of the most respected organisations in the climate change and sustainability space, including UN Agencies, Ministers and leading organisations such as S&P, Standard Chartered, Bain & Company, SSE and many more. Therefore, we are seeking an individual who strives to deliver an experience not just an event. The ideal candidate would be well organised, have exceptional attention to detail and outstanding interpersonal skills and will be driven by passion.
As Event Operations Manager, you will lead on the portfolio for events (both existing and launch), managing the operational delivery of the conferences and exhibitions from conception to completion. The Event Operations Manager will be expected to take care of a number of event management tasks including but not limited to; all event logistics, onsite event management, optimal customer experience planning, sponsor and exhibitor management, budget management, cut-costs without impacting quality where relevant, venues/service providers’ selection and management. We are looking for an Event Operations Manager that doesn’t settle for second best and thrives for perfection at all times.
The Event Operations Manager role will constantly evolve and develop as the business grows and will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer.
The successful applicant will have:
- A minimum of 5 years’ conference and exhibition experience within an event managerial role with extensive operational experience on an international level (incl. sponsor liaison, international event delivery, budget management, registration, customer service, venue/supplier management, health and safety, risk assessments)
- Experience delivering digital events on a variety of platforms (including but not limited to Zoom, Hopin, Swapcard)
- A flexible approach to running events and the ability to meet the clients demands to tight time frames
- An interest in the climate change and sustainability space with a desire to organise successful global events with a sustainability approach to reduce carbon footprint
- Experience in leading operations for conferences and exhibitions on all scales with capabilities of running events for 1000+ people
- Experience in negotiating, procuring, selecting, contracting and managing vendors/suppliers
- Budget and cost containment experience
- Efficiency working in a fast-paced environment, independent working style, utilising strong time management and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent organisational skills as well as a methodical approach with excellent attention to detail
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, utilised for negotiating and managing internal & external stakeholders and clients including excellent telephone etiquette and written communication skills
- A positive work ethic, can-do attitude, and plenty of initiative and willingness to learn
- The ability to be self-motivated and to take responsibility
- A passion for events and customer delivery and not afraid to get hands dirty when necessary
- The ability to travel without restriction
- Experience in health and safety management and risk assessment writing
- A IOSH qualification (preferred)
- International experience and foreign language skills (advantageous)
What we offer:
- Competitive annual salary (depending on experience)
- Achievable event bonuses
- Real opportunities for career development within the business
- The opportunity to be part of the growth and success of a mission led business, addressing the number one global challenge of our time
- Regular team and company socials and company trips abroad
- Inspiring and motivational environment with a great team spirit
- The opportunity to work in a company that is a genuine leader within the sector and highly recognised for empowering employees
- Receive support, training, coaching to allow you to develop your skills and build a successful career
- Fresh, vibrant serviced offices based in Victoria with many member benefits including in-house coffee barista, table tennis, wellness rooms and online/in-store discounts
If you love working with smart, friendly and passionate people, look no further. Climate Action fosters a culture of learning and innovation where people are the makers of their own future. Apply now for more information.
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Due to the high level of applications we receive we are unable to respond to each application. If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks, then you have been unsuccessful in getting to the next stage.